Monday, April 25, 2011

"Miss Piggy wore this" Series

I am constantly looking and trying to salvage and trying to use what ever seems of interest...My turtle Miss Piggy shed her scutes and i just couldn't bear to get rid of them...I added them to my stash of supplies and after some time I had an idea...Once back into my jewelry making mode I decided to use the scutes for necklaces...

                                           
These are from the top of the shell...there is a central line of scutes surrounded by a ring of more scutes...


These are from that outer ring of scutes...I have another set from the other side which will also find new life as a necklace...Each sits on a base of polymer clay with beads embedded...The larger set has a backing of faux leather just for an extra pop...




This is a set I made with a single scute and two opposite ones for the earrings...



Here she is the one and only Miss Piggy...Well at least the only one I know personally...


No comments:

Post a Comment