Monday, March 28, 2011

This Full Blown Flame

I can now safely say that the fire of creativity is about as hot and alive as the glory hole in the glass blowers studio...I am happily feeding this feeling with little projects everyday...I realized I was back when just over the weekend I managed to produce two amazing little pieces and work on others while planning one big job I have to dedicate the next coming weeks to working on...I happy, and its true...making all the other stuff just seem like a simple task now that I have my feeling back...What made me realize the feeling was back was when out of an idea I saw on TV manifested its way into another but very similar looking...

It involved beans and foam balls and candles. The show "Creative Juice" is exactly what its called for me as an artist...At times I have this great idea or want to complete a thought and just cant seem to be able to get the words and materials in my head to full fill it...With this show its a kinda fill in the blanks for me...I saw an episode that had these bean covered foam ball candle holders...This being a brilliant idea, was already done and id only do this as a gift for someone (now that I think of it, it would be a great gift) or for my own home...So I wanted to take this idea and use it in another way...Knowing I had a large bag of dry beans in the cabinet it was only a matter of time before I knew what to do...And over the weekend as I washed this glass bowl out eureka hit me in the face...And the next evening I got to work...One hour later.....


I was one of those projects I can repeat over and over since this type of repetetive work keeps me alive...I might just cover another glass obejct in beans in the next weekend...If I find that free hour...Because I sure do have another bag and a half of beans left...

No comments:

Post a Comment